The Workforce Development Academy for Youth (WDAY) provides educational and employment services for eligible youth 16-24 years of age under the Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA).
The WDAY program services are provided by designated youth program operators throughout Westchester and Putnam Counties. The program is designed to provide resources and services that will enable youth to complete high school and obtain a diploma/high school equivalency diploma, explore career opportunities, enroll in higher education and/or obtain employment.
Youth enrolled in the program have access to the following services
- Basic Skills/Academic Remediation
- Supportive Services
- Work Experience
- Labor Market Information
- Financial Literacy
- Activities that prepare for transition to post-secondary education
- Occupation Skills Training
- Leadership Development
- Entrepreneurial skills training
- Support finding employment