Peekskill's Local Waterfront Revitalization Program (LWRP) is a community-prepared plan that provides policy and land use recommendations for the City's waterfront. The City's last LWRP Update was completed in 2004 (click here). The City of Peekskill, with the help of local residents, business owners and civic leaders, is now undergoing a public process to update the City's LWRP.
The Peekskill Common Council created a Waterfront Advisory Committee (WAC) in November 2014 to work with City staff and the City's consultant for this project - BFJ Planning - during this process. Members of the WAC are:
- Ruth Wells – Planning Board, Vice-Chair
- Chris Hanzlik – Zoning Board of Appeals, Member, Civil Engineer
- Kay Barthelmes – Conservation Advisory Council, Vice-Chair
- John Neering – Parks Advisory Board
- Steven Zwick – Business Owner, Dylan’s Wine Cellar
- Keith Bobolia – Business Owner, Home Mason Supply Corp.
- Mary Pat Driscoll – Captain, Evening Star
Jean Friedman, AICP - Director of Planning - is the staff contact for the WAC.
The WAC first met on January 29, 2015, and continued to meet periodically throughout the year.
The first Public Workshop was held on Monday, March 30, 2015 - click here for a summary of the meeting.