It is the mission of the City of Peekskill Youth Bureau to promote and advocate for the empowerment and well being of all youth, their families and community by incorporating the Positive Youth Development methods in our direct and supportive programs and services.
Majaci'd Alexander, Kennedy Aspinall-Morgan, Zaria Bailey, and NeTonia Holliman were presented with the first ever Valerie Swan award at our Women's History Celebration. The award was presented by none other than our very own Mr. Francis who has been an integral part of these young ladies lives for so long.
- April 9th , 9:00am: Pathways 2 Employment Launch (Youth Bureau)
- April 14th , 11:00am: Shakespeare Writing Workshop (Youth Bureau)
- April 16th & 17th , 10:00am-2:00pm: READI Training (Youth Bureau)
- April 18th , 3:30-4:30pm: Drug Prevention Awareness Activity (SAS) (Youth Bureau)
- April 19th, 6:00pm: YAC Poetry Paradise Event (Youth Bureau)
- April 21st, 11:00am – 3:00pm: Juneteenth Black History Quiz/Chicken & Waffle Brunch (Youth Bureau)
- April 26th , 4:30pm: Kidz Kitchen (Youth Bureau)
- April 27th , 12:30-2:00pm: Kraft Mobile Food Pantry Food Distribution (City Hall Parking Lot)
The Peekskill Youth Advisory Council met County Executive Robert Astorino and represented the Youth Bureau as well as the City of Peekskill at the Project WORTHY Youth Summit at the Westchester County Center in White Plains on October 16th. This Summit dealt with youth coming up with strategies for their school and communities to fight back against the Heroin and Opioid epidemic afflicting Westchester.
CONGRATULATIONS! The LIFT kids who participated in the “Healthy Teen Brain Day” event in Valhalla were featured on the front page of the Westchester County Website. http://www3.westchestergov.com.
|Danielle Satow||(914) 734-4149|
|Cathy Casey||Senior Office Administrator||(914) 734-8419|
|Darryl Francis||Senior Youth Advocate||(914) 734-2051|
|Del Otero||LIFT Recreation Assistant||(914) 734-2186|