Peekskill Police Reform Taskforce
In response to Governor Andrew Cuomo's Executive Order 203, the City of Peekskill is forming a Police Reform Task Force and invites community involvement and input.
Cuomo's executive order, coming in the aftermath of the George Floyd killing, orders City Managers and Police Chiefs to draft reform plans in consultation with the communities they serve. Each police agency's reform plan must address policies, procedures, practices and deployment, including but not limited to use of force, and address issues of racial disparities wherever they exist. The reform plan must incorporate community comments, involve diverse stakeholders, and be adopted by the City Council by April 1, 2021 to be eligible for future state funding for police.
This webpage provides information about the Taskforce.
Other Documents & Information
- Project update at Human Relations Commission Meeting, July 13, 2021 (Video)
- Press Release of July 13, 2021 Updates and Next Steps (PDF)
- Project update at Human Relations Commission Meeting, May 25, 2021 (Video)
- "It Begins With One" Flyer (JPG)
- Task Force Meeting Video 3-4-21
- Task Force Meeting Video 2-25-21
- Public meeting video 2-11-21
Draft Plan for Public Comment
- Updated Draft Plan 3-12-21 (PDF)
- Updated Draft Plan 3-12-21 (Spanish) (PDF)
- Updated Draft Plan 3-5-21 (PDF)
- Updated Draft Plan 3-5-21 (Spanish) (PDF)
- Updated Draft Plan 2-26-21 and Appendix of Draft Plan (PDF)
- Updated Draft Plan 2-26-21 (Spanish) (PDF)
Taskforce Documents (Working List)
In addition to the Resources and Readings found in the Police Taskforce Plan, the Taskforce will post documents of interest to its work below.
- Appendix table and recommendations
- Task Force Public Meeting, Thursday, February 11, 2021 - Agenda (PDF)
- Public meeting video January 21, 2021
- Deck Presentation - Public Meeting, January 21, 2021 (PDF)
- Public meeting video 12-17-20
- Public meeting video 11-5-20
- Public meeting video 10-1-20
- Public meeting presentation 12-17-20 (PDF)
- Recommendation Form - Standard Format for Submitting Recommendations (DOCX)
- River Journal North November article about Task Force (PDF)
- Press Release October 20, 2020 - Task Force Elects Chair, Committees and Calendar (PDF)
- Press release - call for Taskforce applications (PDF)
- Chief Halmy police community program update (PDF)
- Chief Halmy Facebook post on death of George Floyd (PDF)
- City Manager statement on racial justice (PDF)
- Meeting agendas and minutes
- First Public Meeting on October 1st at 7 pm.
- Governor Cuomo's Letter to Mayors August 17, 2020 (PDF)
The Police Taskforce Memo is a working document that provides essential background information on the project. The Taskforce Plan will become more detailed over time.