Artist Certification Committee
- First Thursday of the month unless otherwise noted
- Larry D'Amico, Chair
Term Expires: December 27, 2023
- Robert Barthelmes, Member
Term Expires: September 13, 2023
- Monique Brideau, Member
Term Expires: September 27, 2024
- Ron Egatz, Member
Term Expires: November 20, 2023
- Wilfredo Morel, Member
Term Expires: December 11, 2023
- Margaret Steele, Member
Term Expires: May 8, 2026
The Artist Certification Committee reviews applications on a monthly basis to determine eligibility of an individual as an artist to reside in a designated live/work art loft. The Committee reviews and makes the final determination of certification. Completed applications must be emailed 20 days prior to a meeting date. Paper copies will not be reviewed. Email completed applications as a PDF binder or via a file transfer site.
Applying for City of Peekskill Artist Certification
- Review the Instructions for Certification (PDF). Only completed applications emailed by the submission window deadline will be reviewed. See the following list for required items and details for each item in the 'Instructions.'
- To apply for certification, the following items are required in full. Please combine all materials into 1 PDF file and submit digitally via email once complete. Do not mail printed applications; only mail the required $50 application fee.
- Artist Certification Application (PDF)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation: Addressed to the 'Artist Certification Committee.' Reference letters should be from individuals who can confirm the Applicant's artistic background and describe affiliation with the Applicant. All letters must be signed by the reference and include email and phone number information.
- Resume: Detailed resume identifying relevant artistic and academic education and experiences (with dates) that demonstrate past and current involvements in chosen artistic field. Include gallery showings, exhibits, publications, prints, and other demonstrable platforms that detail how the Applicant engages in selected art field.
- Letter of Interest: Include an explanation of the creative product and the 'art' created. Also, include a description of how the loft will be used to produce the creative product, involvement in the Peekskill art community, and a one-to-five year plan for how the art might be extended to the public
- Portfolio Samples: Scanned images or links to websites and other online material are acceptable.
- Other Examples: Include any other documentation (exhibits, gallery showings, juried events, performances, professional reviews, client lists, commission(s), professional affiliation(s), certification(s), etc.) that support the application.
- $50 check or money order made payable to the "City of Peekskill" - Send to:
City of Peekskill
ATTN: Artist Certification Committee
840 Main Street
Peekskill NY 10566
- Please note: Cash is not accepted.
Completed application must be sent by email for review.
The City is not responsible for locating available units or placing certified artists in housing units. Do not call with apartment or unit inquiries.
The 'Lofts on Main' Building
Artist certification by the City of Peekskill is a wholly separate program than apartment application and acquisition procedure for the Lofts on Main Building. For all 'Lofts on Main' building/program questions, please call Kearney Realty Group at 845-306-7705.