The Conservation Advisory Council (CAC) was established in 2011 by the City of Peekskill Common Council to help build awareness and support for the management and protection of Peekskill’s natural resources and parks.
The CAC is charged with the following responsibilities, among others:
- To keep an inventory and map of all open areas and wetland areas within the City of Peekskill for the purpose of advising on ecologically suitable uses of these areas.
- To cooperate with other official City bodies active in the area of community planning.
- To advise the Common Council or Planning Commission, upon request, regarding policy matters related to the protection of natural resources and overall quality of the environment in Peekskill.
- To recommend environmental ordinances and review, on referral, environmental impact statements and special permits for land use projects.
- To be a source of public information in the City, and to foster increased understanding of conservation and environmental issues.
|Jesica Youngblood||Staff Liaison||(914) 293-0916|
|Jeff Miller||Vice Chair|