Please note that this office DOES NOT collect taxes. Please contact the FINANCE DEPARTMENT (914-734-4109) for taxes and tax billing information, including when taxes are due. The Finance Department is open during regular business hours.
The Assessor is the official who estimates the value of real property, which is converted into an assessment (one component in the calculation of real property taxes).
It is the responsibility of the Assessor to maintain a fair and equitable assessment roll, the document which lists all properties and their assessments within an assessing district. It also lists a property's exemption(s), if any.
The assessment office processes exemption applications, including Enhanced STAR Renewals, Senior Citizen, Veterans, Persons with Disabilities, Non-Profits, Clergy, etc. For more information, please see the Exemptions tab.
*Please note that all new STAR Applications need to be filed directly with NYS Dept. of Taxation & Finance. See "New STAR Registration Info." under Links.
For more information about the job of the Assessor, please visit the NY State Department of Taxation and Finance's 11-minute YouTube video entitled, "The Job of an Assessor." Their 4-minute video, "About Property Taxes and Assessments," provides a good overview of property taxes and assessments. (links below)
Key assessment dates are the same every year, as follows:
- * Taxable Status Date (and exemption application deadline) is May 1st
- * Valuation Date is May 1st (of the current year)
- * Tentative assessment roll is published June 1st
- * Grievance Day is the 3rd Tuesday in June
- * Final assessment roll is published August 15th
The current assessment roll is available for public review and can be found on the City's website, as well as in the Assessor's office. Links to copies of historic assessment rolls (2003 to date) can be found in the Assessment Rolls tab on these Assessor webpages.
- 2016 Tentative Assessment Roll
- Assessment Information
- Assessment Rolls
- Change of Address
- Important Info & Dates
- Assessment Roll Dates
- Change of Address
- Foreclosures & Tax Sales
- How To Do A Property Radius Search
- Is Your Assessment Fair? / Contesting Your Assessment
- Peekskill's Municipal Profile
- Sales Data
- Surveys & Deeds
- Zoning Map (4/2009)
- NYS Tax Dept: "Who is the assessor?"
- NYS Tax Dept: About Property Taxes & Assessments
- NYS Tax Dept: The Job of an Assessor (Video)
- New STAR Registration Info.
- Property Cards / Data & Tax Maps